1 WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 1.1 We collect the following information from you, including your:
- (a) name;
- (b) contact information, such as phone numbers and email address;
- (c) a username;
- (d) a profile picture associated with your LinkedIn account or profile picture you have uploaded
- (e) work experience, skills and qualifications; and
- (f) any other information you provide on the Site.
- 1.2 We may also collect personal information about you from other Volunteers, Enterprises and Community Organisations (Members), which may include details of the help you provide.
- 1.3 If you, as a Volunteer, have linked your profile with an Enterprise, we may collect personal information about you from your linked Enterprise – will the volunteer be linked to another enterprise?
2 WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 2.1 We collect your personal information:
- (a) to communicate with you and other Members;
- (b) to allow:
- (i) Community Organisations to list volunteering projects, and Volunteers to offer their skills and abilities to Community Organisations;
- (ii) Members to contact and give feedback on other Members;
- (iii) Enterprises to encourage their linked Volunteers to use the Site and gather accurate information on that use;
- (c) to gather information on, promote the initiative of, pro-bono volunteering throughout New Zealand;
- (d) to personalise, customise and improve your experience on the Site;
- (e) for any other purposes directly related to the above purposes; and
- (f) for any other purposes:
- (i) you would reasonably expect;
- (ii) of which we inform you when we collect your personal information; or
- (iii) for which we obtain your consent.
3 WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
- 3.1 Besides our staff, we share this information with:
- (a) Community Organisations, Volunteers, and Enterprises that use the Site and require further details to achieve the aims of HelpTank
- (b) Enterprises where your Volunteer profile is linked;
- (c) any person or entity, where disclosure of your information is required by law
- 4.1 We keep your information safe by complying with the New Zealand Privacy Principles, as prescribed in the Privacy Act 1993. We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure and from misuse, interference and loss. We will store your data only for so long as the information is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully used.
5 ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 5.1 You can access and manage your personal information via your HelpTank account, which gives you the ability to correct any personal information that we store. You can delete your account at any time by contacting us at: email@example.com.
- 5.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6 PROMOTION OF CAUSE
- 6.1 With your consent, we might publish material promoting the pro-bono volunteering facilitated through HelpTank by using your participation as an example. We will seek your prior consent before publishing any material which identifies Members or the Help provided.
7 REQUIRED DISCLOSURES
- 7.1 We make every reasonable effort to preserve your privacy, but we may need to disclose your personal information when required by law.
- 7.2 We may also need to disclose your personal information if we have a belief that either you have consented to the action, or that such action is necessary to:
- (b) comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process; or
- (c) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of us or our agents, personnel and subcontractors, Members, or others.
- 7.3 You authorise us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement or government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate, in connection with any investigation of illegal activity or that may expose us to liability.
- 8.1 If you are a registered user of HelpTank then you can login and use the preferences features on the site to update your personal information and preferences at anytime. Otherwise, please contact us at email@example.com.
10 CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- 10.1 We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check it periodically. Any changes to this Policy will apply from the time that they are made available to you via the Site. If you do not agree to any change we make, you must stop using the Site immediately.
11 HOW TO CONTACT US
- 11.1 Your information is held by the Who Did You Help Today Trust, a registered charitable trust in New Zealand, postal address of 167 Moxham Avenue, Hataitai, Wellington 6021. If you have any questions about the privacy of our Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.